Well – Carnival season for 2012 is now history! Though Carnival is finished, the ministry of Metairie Baptist Church is not finished but is continuing forward in a strong manner. Notice some of these happenings:
1. FINALLY! Check out the newly revised website – www.metairiebc.org . We have recently revised the site and it is now active. Keep checking the site for updates and to find helpful information and downloads. Also, you can use this site as a ministry by referring your friends and family members to the site. Did you know that we upload the sermon, the bulletin, the prayer sheet from Wednesday night, and the “Encountering the New Testament” study each week so you can easily access them? If you have suggestions, please let us know. Also, if you have an interest and ability in working with website, please let us know.
2. Tonight — Wednesday night, Feb. 22nd, is our regularly scheduled business meeting. Come and join us at 5 for our fellowship supper (beef stew!) and at 6:10 for the meeting. One of the items on the agenda is an opportunity to ask the Associate Pastor Search Committee any additional questions you might have.
3. In case you missed the opportunity to meet Mitch Mares on Sunday afternoon, you can stop by the Parlor after the business meeting for another “Meet and Greet” from 7 – 8 p.m. Mitch has been recommended by the Associate Pastor Search Committee to be our next Associate Pastor/Minister of Education.
4. Join us Sunday morning (Feb. 26th) for a great time of worship as we continue to think together about “What’s Love Got To Do With It” — a sermon series from the Gospel of John about God’s love for us as well as our response to Him and to others. During this service, we will also be voting on the recommendation from the Associate Pastor Search Committee.
5. The Gathering is Sunday night – Feb. 26th – at 6:00 in the Fellowship Hall. The theme – love! You will enjoy this time of getting to know others in the church and learning ways we can love others. This is a fun time of “gathering” together for fellowship and ministry.
6. Don’t forget to bring your cereal and socks. Have you really considered that there are many people in our city who wake up daily to no breakfast cereal (and no food at all) and to no clean socks to wear. We can help make a difference. You can bring your items to the church and leave them in the Orion Foyer.
7. Mark your calendars and make plans now to be a part of Family Ministry Day on March 31st. There is without question something that every person can do! We are having a fellowship meal following the morning activities as well so make plans to stay for the entire event.
Jesus said, “Greater love has no man than this, than he lay down his life for his friends.” (Jn. 15:13) Then He laid His life down for us – and how will you respond to His love today?
May God’s richest blessings be yours,